Topics:

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hey Readers! (#1)

I can only address you vaguely as “readers”, because I do not yet know who you will be.  Will I end up writing sarcasm-laden posts that attract only my friends?  Will it be personal enough that acquaintances I’ve lost contact with and family/family friends I don’t contact enough will find value in figuring out what the hell I’ve been up to?  Will it show colleages that my love of talking about technology, business and politics isn’t just something I say on LinkedIn?  Will it slip through the cracks of the internet and then be washed away by the fire hose of 85 hours of Youtube uploaded every minute?
I’ll admit the recommendations of people older and more successful than me were the primary motivation for my taking my stream-of-consciousness ramblings online.   Maybe, however, I can make this idea fulfilling for me as well.  I think the goal of this blog will be for me to begin to merge my Facebook self and my LinkedIn self, my Saturday at 1 am self with my Wednesday at 4 pm self. I'd like for everyone to be more open, so I might as well start with myself.  Because if we’ve worked so hard at crafting a cool online persona that we can’t even be honest on our own blogs, then we should take our social networks out back and burn them.
So this blog will mix humor, tech, reactions to current news, and a splash of idealism.  Maybe I’ll tag my posts with certain emotions so people know which one might be relevant for them to read.  In case you missed it, that was a segue into my first (substantive) blog post, which will be about our emotions, behaviors and…blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment